- I remember being more calm than I've ever been in my life. I don't think everyone has to be that way. I can totally understand how someone would be nervous on their wedding day, I just wasn't. My maid of honor kept asking me if I was scared or nervous or anything. I kept reassuring her that I was fine. I think everyone else in the wedding party was more scared than I was. I just knew it was exactly what I was supposed to be doing.
- I remember missing Josh. I think it was because it was such a huge day and I wanted to talk to my best friend about it. But I couldn't because my best friend was being hidden from me. (against his will, btw. hey, I'm a traditional girl)
- I remember not knowing what to do when I walked down the isle. I wanted to smile and cry and run all the way down it and give Josh a big hug. I just couldn't decide, so it ended up being a mixture of all of those things...including a bit of a waddle (which I didn't notice until watching the video).
- I remember hearing Josh's Grandma say "oh wow, she looks beautiful" as I walked down the isle. Now this was not an easy woman to please, TRUST ME. I worried constantly that she wasn't going to like me or a choice I made. She kept telling me to wear my hair down even though I wanted it up. And she told me to wear an ivory dress even though I had bought my white one before I got pregnant so I couldn't really do anything about it. So hearing her say that, made me really happy. She was a difficult woman, but I actually really miss her now that she's gone.
- I remember not remembering anyone from the ceremony. I honestly never looked at anyone but Josh (and the Pastor...and Travis because he was right behind Josh and he was staring right at me lol).
- I remember Josh's ring was HUGE on his finger.
- I remember squeezing Josh's arm and hand and him squeezing mine back, the WHOLE time. You can actually see it in the video if you're looking for it.
- I remember walking into the reception hall. I LOVE that part on the video too. It was such an awesome feeling and the DJ was amazing and they made it really memorable.
- I remember Josh and a bunch of the guys doing the Y.M.C.A. Memorable, does not begin to describe that dance.
- I remember everyone telling us it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Actually, they still tell us that all the time. Also, the bartender (whose wife owns a bakery) said that our cake was the best he'd ever eaten. It was REALLY good and Josh and I designed it together. Also it was super cheap too, so that's always good.
- I remember being so exhausted by the end of it I wanted to fall asleep on the tables. My feet were swollen beyond recognition, my pregnant belly that I had shoved into a corseted dress was sore, my back hurt from dancing like a teenager all night (a NON-pregnant one) and my head hurt from all of it. Little did I know, I was already starting to have symptoms of HELLP (well pre-e at that point).
I know that there were probably some bad memories from that day too, but when I think of our wedding, I only think of the good ones. The last 5 years have been far from easy, but we've gotten through all of it TOGETHER. That is what makes a good marriage. A good marriage doesn't mean that you never have any problems or fights. A good marriage has those things and gets through them and it gets stronger and stronger every day.
I love you Baby. I can't wait for the next 50 years together.