Sunday, February 14, 2010

blog-iversary (and some lessons on relationships)

I've been putting this off for a few days now (mostly due to illness and my inability to sit upright for more than 5 minutes without passing out for the last couple days lol). Anyway, on the 10th it was my 1st blog-iversary. So I looked back at some of the posts from those first couple months.

As I talked about in a recent post, it was not exactly the best time of my life (due to my PPD), but I was just trying to do my best. Which I think is what we're all doing. As mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, friends...Americans. We're all just trying to do our best and do what we feel is best for ourselves, our family, our country, whatever. I mean, when you look at all of the fights that you've had in your life, whether they are political or personal, they hinge on one thing. You are fighting for what YOU think is best and the other person likewise. And as long as no one fights dirty (a sin we've ALL committed a time or two...be honest!) you really can't hate the other person for it all that much. Right? You can dislike their position, but when you step back and look at it from THEIR point of view, you can see that you're both doing the same thing. Maybe you are both being stubborn or close-minded or hurtful, but more than likely, neither of you meant to be that way. More than likely, you both just felt attacked and were being defensive about something you care about very deeply. I think that sometimes we let these little fights get into a relationship and just ruin it. I think we've all done it. And probably, we all wish we hadn't.

I always hated the phrase "we have to agree to disagree" because I felt that it was "wimping out". But in the last year (and mostly in the last month), I have been forced to do just that, many times. I didn't like it...but it didn't kill me either. And I actually feel like I've become a better person for it.

I feel that I've grown in the last year. I've seen what I'm really capable of. I've seen what Josh and I are capable of together. I've seen on a daily basis what amazing miracles my kids are. And not only did we survive this year, but we learned some important things from it and we also had a lot of fun!

Last year at this time I was severely depressed. Today, I can honestly say that I've never been happier in my entire life. So thank you. Thank you for sharing in the good times and the bad. Thank you for reading my rants, commenting on my pics and supporting me through the good times and the bad ones. It's been an awesome journey and I can't wait for my 5 or even my 10 year blog-iversary!!








1 comment:

Danifred said...

Horray for you ! Happy blog-iversary!!!!! Isn't it amazing how much changes (yet stays the same) in a mere year?