- You play with the girls every night. When I look out the window and see you teaching something new to those girls who adore you so much, it melts my heart.
- The aforementioned "playtime" gives me some time to relax every night.
- You do the dishes every week, because you know I hate the handwashing.
- You compliment my cooking. And not just now that it's good, you did it when it was horrible...practically inedible. It tells me that you care about my feelings and I love it.
- You actually WANT to go Christmas shopping for the kids every year and you actually get mad if I do it all myself.
- (Jack) "You give me a bottle in the middle of the night when I'm hungry."
- You dance and sing and act silly with us.
- You and I love each other more and more every day, inspite of EVERYTHING that we've been through in the last 7 years.
- You tell me I'm beautiful when I'm in sweatpants and a t-shirt and havent showered in two days. I know you don't mean it, but I love that you say it anyway.
- (Maria) "you kick my ball way up in the sky and I catch it"
- We talk about our future together and what it will be like when we have 10 grandkids and we're sitting on our front porch rockers watching them play in the yard. I love that you get the same pleasure out of a simple life that I do.
- You know what I'm thinking before I say it.
- (Sophia) "you play train track in the basement with me"
- You cried when you heard "it won't be like this for long" for the first time. (and you will kill me for saying that!)
- (Renee) "You're the cheese to my macaroni".
Thursday, October 29, 2009
So Josh's birthday is in a couple days. And in light of this event, I'm going to share with you, the reasons we love you so very much....