Just so you all know, when I typed that title, I did my best Elvis face & voice. ya. I'm awesome like that.
So, my amazing friend of many years, gave me a blog award last week and I haven't officially "accepted" yet.
So here's the deal. I have to "award" some of my favorite bloggers and give 7 fun facts about myself. And I have to notify the people that I'm "awarding". All of the people that I award, have to do the same thing. So I am nominating Aubrey, Diana, Lindsey and Danifred
- I never wanted children until Josh and I started getting serious. I was always afraid that I would end up like my mother...or worse....my father! and that scared the crap out of me. But the older I get, the more I realize that how you treat your children is a choice, it's not in your genetic make-up.
- I also never wanted to get married until then. I'm not one of those women who dreamed about their wedding from the time they were a child (and called it "MY" wedding instead of "OUR" :-P). I just wanted to be happy and once I was with Josh, I realized that being with him was the way I would be happiest. And honestly, once the whole wedding planning started, I didn't really care about all that stuff too much. I wanted to focus on the marriage more than the wedding.
- I hate shopping with other people. It makes me anxious and I can't focus on what I actually wanted to buy and I just end up wanting to leave right away. (this also applies to talking on the phone while I'm shopping too).
- I'm a genealogy freak. I get sucked in and then I can't think of anything else for days. It's like an addiction. I have to physically shut off the computer to make myself take a break from it. (this addiction extends to old photographs also) But I suppose, as far as addictions go, it's a hell of a lot better than drugs or alcohol, so...
- I have also been obsessed with Elvis since I was a toddler. (It was a velvet poster of him in the gold lame` suit that got me hooked at a flea market when I was 4).
- I just started watching the old episodes of Grey's Anatomy and I'm officially hooked. I really don't know how I haven't been watching it all this time.
- I spell the word apology wrong every.single.time. I type it. I give it two "p's".