Wednesday, January 20, 2010

assumptions

What is it really like to be a SAHM? There's a "woman" I know (I use that term loosely since I consider a woman, to be someone who can handle her own finances without receiving bailouts from the government...while taking vacation after vacation), who apparently thinks that being a SAHM is the same as sitting at home alone all day long with nothing to do and no responsibilities. I had to laugh out loud when I read what she thinks her life would be like if she didn't have a job that she gets paid for. It was HILARIOUS. I guess mostly because this woman DOES SIT AT HOME ALONE ALL DAY (her kids are grown and in school) and she still can't manage to get anything done (a mutual family member said their house was so disgustingly dirty she wanted to vomit when she went in there one time). she has a part time job that she does on the computer about an hour a day. The rest of the time, she is on Facebook or blogspot (since apparently she checks my blog every 5 minutes). So I guess I should post a blog entitled "what my life would be like if i had my cell phone and internet paid for by the government and sat at home alone all day long with almost nothing to do but bullshit on the internet and talk shit about SAHM's and family members on my blog". I wonder how well that would go over....;-)

**see how fun it is when people make assumptions about what life is like in your shoes? not very nice, is it? so maybe you should knock it off sometime soon. or i could just walk my "fat, lazy, dependant, worthless, jobless" ass down to your BARN and knock your fucking head off. mmmkpumkin?

5 comments:

Danifred said...

Someone is asking for it. I don't know who, but someone.

Mama Reg said...

lol...omg am i like really a bad bad person and so nosey that when i read these im like, i wonder who this is?? lol...

its ok, i know you cant give it away ;)

but im sorry someone has been insulting your livelihood, job, responsibilities, etc etc. trust me i know how much hard work it is, and i only have one child so far lol!!

i worked at a "job" 40 hours a week til i was 38 wks preg with gabe, waking at 7 am, 6 days a week. and i am MORE tired with this pregnancy, being at home taking care of a 2 yr old!

i will be the first to vouch for you, it is hard work so lay off people! lol...

Aubrey said...

I know you are having a hard time with said person but I wanted you to know that I agree with all you are saying. I too have family that is very similar. Anyway. I just thought you should know that I get a kick out of these posts even though you are most likely angry when you write them. Good luck!

andrea said...

::pats renee on the back for standing up for herself::

:)

Kara said...

Being a SAHM is one job that WOMEN like us SHOULD get paid for! I have not worked in a little over a year.. due to my husband being overseas. I can tell you that it was probably less exhausting going to work 40 hours a week than staying home with my 5 year old and 1 year old. you don't get to say "hey I think I'm going to take a break for an hour" and go eat lunch by yourself and it's not an 8 hour shift. it's a 24 hour responsibility. I have been both a SAHM and a working mom. I enjoy being at home with my kids (although as said before..exhausting sometimes) oh and another point.. about your last blog. I'm not sure if you are talking about the same person.. but I have something to tell that person. My husband is in the military. who pays him? the government. who pays the government? the taxpayers. who pays for my health insurance? the government. so why are you not upset about that? because he's military? everything available to us at some point has something to do with taxpayers money. post office..schools..etc. so maybe you should think twice about judging someone for being on medicaid. If I were Renee, I would be more than happy to take advantage of it just knowing that you were the one to pay for it! : D hope everything works out for you Renee! you deserve a pat on the back!