Saturday, July 11, 2009

my husband rocks

I know that I'm a day late, but I still wanted to exploit my husband a little bit this week ;-)

Josh rocks this week because of how much he loves us and values the time we spend as a FAMILY. He genuinely wants to spend time together. He had the saddest look on his face a couple weeks ago when he left us home to go to the "Super Nat.'s". He would much rather spend his weekends doing something fun for ALL of us instead of going out with his friends and leaving us home alone. And if he's going to go out on a Saturday night, he would much rather it be with me than with his buddies. He doesn't feel like he is being forced to be with us. He WANTS to be with us, because he LOVES us.

This was all reinforced in my mind a couple days ago. The day before yesterday Josh came home and proclaimed excitedly, "I know what we're doing for the rest of my vacation" (we are going camping for the first 4 days). I said "and what would that be?" He proceeded to tell me of this great plan he had hatched all by himself (and with a little help from Ben, his boss). He tells me that we are going to stay in a hotel in Cincinnati and we're going to go to the Cincinnati Zoo and to this Aquarium in Kentucky http://www.newportaquarium.com/ . This may not seem like a big deal to many of you, but it is a HUGE deal to me. We are talking about a man that has never planned ANYTHING as long as I've known him. He wont even choose our dinner location on a Saturday night. So for him to go to such lengths that he sat and researched it at work and everything, is quite a leap.

The unfortunate part of it all, is that we can't go that week because 1.) we will be preparing for the luau a couple days later and 2.) they don't allow strollers until September. I actually kind of felt like calling and requesting that one of the staff walk around behind me carrying Jackson ALL DAY LONG, because I certainly am not going to do it. So anyway, we've decided to take Josh's master plan and just shift it to a week in Sept or Oct (depending on how late the zoo is open). I was thinking that we should go the weekend of Josh's birthday (Halloween) because I know the zoo up here has a Halloween thing and all the kids can dress up, so I'll have to check to see if they do it down there. And since we can't have a birthday party for Josh this year (like we have every year for the last 4 yrs) because everyone will be at Josh's brothers wedding in Key west. This might be something fun we could do that weekend instead. I don't know if that's when we'll go, but I was just so happy that he took the time and effort to come up with something that would be fun for everyone, so I had to share.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

What a cool vacation. I was just talking about how I want to go down there and go to King's Island, the zoo, and the aquarium. You'll have to let me know how it is!