Monday, June 8, 2009

Why must I justify?

This has been one of the worst weeks of my life. Surpassed only by the week of Maria's birth. I am feeling like I have to justify every choice I make and every thing I say/do. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. I AM AN ADULT! The greatest part about being an adult is getting to make my own life choices without being yelled at, judged or called names for those choices. I am done trying to get people to like me and accept me, when they obviously don't want to. I am who I am and I shouldn't have to explain my parenting methods and my choices in my own marraige to anyone.

Not to mention, I am so worried about my mom, I don't even know where to begin.

One good thing that has happened is that my family is here this whole next week. It is such a relief to be surrounded by family and friends who accept you and love you no matter how many mistakes you make and how much money you have. Their love for us is not defined by how perfect we are or what we are willing to do or put our family through, FOR THEM. They love us and want to help us unconditionally. They are genuinely concerned for us and would rather help us get out of this difficult time, than make this worse to serve their own agendas.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

It's always nice to be surrounded by family at hard times. I'm thinking about you and praying for your mom.

andrea said...

i hope it gets better.
and i really hope everything goes well with your mom.

Danifred said...

So sorry things have been so rough for you this week. Hope your family brings some much needed peace your way :)
Hugs!