Sunday, May 31, 2009

giving up

Well, I'm officially giving up on the Caribbean getaway. I guess it's time to admit that we didn't win the all-inclusive trip from Wheel of Fortune. I'm humbled and remorseful about this devestating news. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get over it. Days, weeks, months....years, maybe. j/k. ;-) Honestly though, I really was hoping to win. Josh and I really needed, wanted and DESERVED it. But we really don't even know when we will get to go on any vacation at all. We haven't been on one since our honeymoon (4 1/2 yrs ago). At this point we have other things our money needs to go towards....$4000 in credit card debt being one of those things :-( The others being, oh, you know....mortgage, car payment, groceries. lol. One day we will have the extra money to go somewhere. I have no idea how far off that will be, but I'm not seeing it in the near future. Until then, I'm trying to make every day a little better here at home so that we don't feel the UNDYING NEED to go to hawaii every single day. lol. Also another reason we are having the Luau party this summer. If we can't go there, we can bring it here. :D
Barbados Beach Pictures, Images and Photos
My final thought..........If we all got paid by how hard we work, Josh and I would be millionaires and Paris Hilton would be destitute.

4 comments:

Danifred said...

Your final thought is something I think about all the time. I have to fight the desire to constantly yell, "It's not fair!!!!"

Tricia said...

I hope you get the chance to go away, if only for a few days! One of the reasons why I am not ready for kids... I like my vacations right now!

PS... If it were up to me, people like us would be rich!

Kara said...

Don't feel bad.. Josh and I have been married for 3 years and STILL haven't gone on our honeymoon! The time will come.. hopefully..

Joseph said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "giving up Barbados honeymoon" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com